I can't believe I'm almost done with 2/3 of this pregnancy. It's going by so fast! I can't get my head wrapped around the fact that there are only 3 months left before I'll see my baby boy! I've been super busy with my schooling, traveling, and preparing for Troy's arrival that I haven't been very good with the blogging.
The most recent thing that has been fun and exciting is baby Troy moving soo much! He kicks and squirms and does flips all day, sometimes all night too! Thankfully it isn't strong enough to wake me up yet but when I get up to use the restroom, he is just moving around all over! He is getting really strong, he loves to poke his foot out and say hi all the time! Todd and I were watching "Batteries not included" the other night and Troy was moving almost the entire time. He was sticking some part of his body out so far that my belly was slanted diagonally. Todd was loving it and we were probably bugging the heck out of the baby because we kept touching the spot and pushing in on it a little bit. It's so weird to see my belly move around and twitch all day. Sometimes it is like there is a party going on in there! It makes me smile though. I'm glad that he is comfy and happy in there.
My belly is starting to get so big now, it's starting to hinder my ability to do anything! haha I have to have help buckling my shoes and when I put on my pants my legs have to be open wide or else they'll bump into my belly. It's a really weird feeling but again, I love it. haha I'm such a weirdo, all these pregnancy symptoms that are supposed to be awful and I just think they are great! Well all except the back pain. I didn't think I would have any back pain at all but apparently it's about as common in pregnancy as nausea is. Didn't know that!
I love that my belly is big enough that people comment and ask me when I am due. I'm in a weird stage right now though because I can't really remember not having a tummy but then I seem to forget that I have a tummy at all and end up opening the refrigerator and bumping the door into my belly. It doesn't hurt, I just feel stupid because I don't even know my own body well enough right now to remember there's a bump sticking out of it! haha
I ran into one of my friends who is about as far along as I am and we are totally different. I look 100% pregnant and she still has a flat tummy. haha It's so crazy how people carry their babies differently! I'm taller than her too, and not by just an inch, by many inches! haha All those stereotypes about shorter people showing sooner than taller people were just thrown in the garbage. So far I have gained about 16 pounds and am feeling great other than the back pain.
I have been trying to work out and stay in good shape throughout the pregnancy but it is reeeeally hard for me. Every time I go to work out, I have to be careful to not overdo it, which makes it frustrating because as soon as I feel like I am getting a good work out, I have to stop. If I don't stop and just keep going, I'll have a sore back, tummy and basically be miserable for a few days until the soreness wears off. That has been pretty hard for me. I have been trying this new thing where I work out in the pool, basically I just kick in place for a while and it works my legs and abs out while I'm getting in some cardio, but again, I have to be careful how hard I push it because after the first time doing this little work out, my tummy was sore for like 3 days. Miserable! I still go swim laps at the rec center, but I usually only do that once a week. I love to work out, it's one of my favorite things to do, so not being able to work out to my hearts content is a little bit of a downer.
I have had a sore back for basically the past few weeks. It's a dull and persistent pain. I feel like it really never goes away. One night I was in so much pain that I finally just took a tylenol and it was magical. I felt so great and was able to sleep peacefully. Then the pain came back the next day, super fun!
Todd has been so sweet and helpful throughout the whole pregnancy, he massages me and helps me relax so I can fall asleep and he is so sweet to Troy always telling him he loves him and kissing my belly. I am so thankful for such a sweet husband, he is already such a great daddy and Troy isn't even here yet! Last night I was feeling Todd's biceps because they are sexy and I love to...haha Anyway, I was feeling his muscles and I told him how Troy is going to know his daddy just because of how Todd feels. His strong muscles and warm body and hands will be such a comfort to our little boy! (Yes, I am crying right now...haha I love my boys.)
Well anyway, back to the updates on life...we bought a dresser that I found off of craigslist. It is a REALLY cool dresser. Very well made and will be perfect for the nursery once we refinish it. We just have to figure out when we are going to do that refinishing job! The crib arrived today and I'll be ordering the carseat soon. We want the chicco keyfit 30. It's the number 1 carseat in america so we figured it was safe enough for us! The Nordstrom anniversary sale is going on right now, (yaaay!) and they have a really cute petunia pickle bottom diaper bag that my mother bought for me as a gift. It's grey and yellow and looks like a purse but can also be worn as a back pack. Super excited to be using that adorable bag soon!
I'm really excited for all of this to start coming together. I still need to buy the fabric I want for the baby bedding and curtains. I know I want the curtains to be white but I also want them to be black out curtains. I just feel like babies don't nap as well if it's not cool and DARK in their room. I'm very much into the neutral colors for everything baby, especially the nursery. I want to try and stick with lighter pastel colors or just tans and whites. I know that it'll be hard to do that but I just have a picture in my head of how I want it to be and I'm sticking to it! haha
I've been saving my glass jars from every food item I've cleaned out of my fridge. Applesauce, pickles, sundried tomatoes, as long as it's glass, I'm keeping it. I want to dye them different colors and put flowers in them for the nursery. I'm trying to make the nursery look gender neutral but I also don't want it to lean more on the girly side so I'm going to make sure there are some serious boy things in there, maybe a football or something. haha
Well that's all I can really think of for updates on the pregnancy and life. I'll post my week 24 and week 26 picture, I didn't get around to a week 25 picture but it's okay, my belly is slowly growing so I can miss one week and it won't be that big of a deal. :)


Your belly is so cute. I love that you've only gained 16 pounds, your so tiny. It made me giggle because I gain 50 pounds with every kid. It's ridiculous :) I was going to tell you on the curtains..kreed sleeps with no curtains at all. I just didn't get around to putting them up. Anyways he loves it that way. I put curtains up about a month ago and he hated it. He likes the sunlight and its nice because he can sleep everywhere because he is used to not having black outs. So just a thought on your cute white curtains :) good luck on everything. Such an exciting time for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI was hoping I would only gain a normal amount but I know everyone is different so I just had to wait and see! One of my good friends gained like 60 with her first baby and 20 with her second. Totally different! It's weird. Pregnancy really is different with every one, I've realized. haha That is definitely something to think about with the napping and the curtains. I have always thought to just do black out curtains but that would be bad to get Troy used to sleeping in the dark. I don't want him thinking he can skip his nap if he's outside or something. :) Thanks for the advice!
Delete