Monday, March 25, 2013

Lots of goings on

There is so much going on in our lives right now. I've been busy planning a bridal shower for my best friend, Margo! I love the invitations that I found on etsy. They are a little scandalous but so much fun! Can't wait for the shower! I'm also trying to get some projects done that I have laying around the house.  I want to make a plaque for Troy's bedroom that is yellow and white and says "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." I sing him that song all the time, mostly when I'm nursing him before bedtime though. I think he likes it? haha

Todd and I are still looking for a house. We put an offer on one last week and are still waiting to hear if ours was accepted or not. Todd is working so hard for our little family! We are trying to save money for a down payment on a house and really what we need to do is make a budget. I've honestly never been a bad spender so I've never made a budget but I'd like to have one just so I know how much we are saving and spending each month. Anyone out there a budgeter and willing to send their template my way? :)

Troy is learning lots of new tricks! His most recent are rolling from back to front (YAAAY!)  and then front to back (Yay! He's been doing front to back since he was 2 months old.) He also likes to laugh at Buddy the doggy when he is running around in the backyard. He loves to swim and pull mom's hair. He is always trying to grab something, lately it has been my phone or my face when I am talking to him. I have to clip his fingernails pretty often because they are as sharp as a knife and hurt like heck when he grabs your skin! He is such a good sleeper and I honestly thank Heavenly Father for that every day when I pray. haha He slept a solid 12 hours last night! That is so wonderful but I think I'm going to need to get up and pump a couple of times during the night to keep my milk supply up!

I was going to go swimming with my girlfriends today but when I got to the rec center there were a million kids there and I realized it's spring break! So we left before any of them could direct their sneezes Troy's way. haha I'm kind of a germaphobe, especially when it comes to Troy. I don't know what I am going to do when he gets really sick, probably just snuggle him and cry. I'm a baby. Anyway, on our way home we decided to stop by the lactation consultants office to weight the bear-cub! He was 13 lbs and 13 oz! big boy! Well he's obviously not huge but at least he is growing really well! haha I'm just hoping that for his 6 month check up he will be over 14 lbs!

We got to visit lots of family yesterday at Stef and David's house. They are our cousins and their house is GORGEOUS. I'm obsessed! Troy got to spend some time with Great Grandma Lamborn and some of his cousins, aunts, and Vern and Laura's clan! It was a good time. Troy has started to get a little clingy though. He was making the cutest frowny face I've ever seen but it was kind of sad! haha If someone looked at him he would make the frowny face and start to cry! I have to get a picture of it. It really is the cutest thing. Anyway, I take that as a good sign that he loves him mama but I also don't want him to want me all the time! I want to be able to leave him with a sitter when we need a date night or temple time. It's a good thing he still likes his Grandma's because they might be the only exceptions to Mom and Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment