Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's a BOY!!

So there have been a lot of fun things happening in our life lately. The first and most important item on the list is that we found out the gender of our little one! We are having a little BOY! :) I didn't really care either way so I was just so happy to be able to see my baby kicking and moving around on the ultrasound screen this morning. I ate a little PB&J before I went in and does momma know her baby or what? He was bouncing off the walls. :) He loves food. I swear every time I eat I can feel him moving around. I could also feel him squirming around for 15 minutes afterwards probably trying to get back to his comfy spot, which by the way is his bum nestled up to my bladder. haha No wonder I ALWAYS have to pee. He was so cute and sweet. I just can't wait to have him here in my arms. I love babies and children, no matter whose they are. I love to hold my friends babies and babysit for them. I honestly can't wait for the time when I get to have my own baby 24/7...yes...even if I don't get any sleep. At least the reason will be a baby and not Todd hogging the bed. :) haha So here is a little video of our baby moving on the ultrasound screen. Another cool thing is that my sister found out the day before me. I have had a few people ask me if it bothers me that my sister and I are due on the same day...like she is stealing my thunder or something. I think it's just ridiculous. I look up to my sweet sister so much and being able to have our babies together is such a blessing. I love that she is going through it with me and I love sharing it together on facebook. I have not ONCE thought "Wow, Christy is really stealing my thunder..." Not once. I love being preggers with her. LOVE IT! I also love having a bunch of girlfriends that are preggers too! It's just fun to see everyone's growth and hear all the crazy stories! (In case you didn't know, pregnancy does crazy things to you.) haha Anyway, my sister is on her third baby and she already has two little boys so she reeeeally wanted this one to be a girl, I did for her sake as well. So she had her appointment on the 16th of May and sure enough, it's a GIRL! I'm so happy for her. Her sweet boys (including her husband) will love spoiling and taking care of little Eliza Jane. She will be the cutest little girl and will have the most wonderful mom to set an example for her. I'm just thrilled for my sister and her family. :)
This is Todd holding the picture of the babies little weenie. haha You can't really tell from the picture but when we were in the room with the ultrasound tech, you could totally see the whole package going on. haha It's DEFINITELY a boy. :) Everyone keeps telling me that boys love their mommies so much, so I look forward to that adoration. :) I do have to say though, little boys are so much fun to get dirty with and just make a mess. I know it'll be mine and Todd's favorite part of having a boy first. We'll make mud pie's together! Todd and I both didn't really have a preference but I do know that he will be a good protector for our other kids. I have an awesome big brother who has been really good at being the "protector" for me. We are also really excited for SOCCER! I want my girls to play as well but definitely going to be getting this baby boy into soccer as early as I can. Todd and I both grew up playing soccer and have a love for the game. (Todd is playing FIFA as I type this right now.) haha I kind of want to co-coach the team with Todd as well. I think it would be so fun to have a bunch of wild and crazy kids running around trying to get this ball in a tiny net. I love how kids all herd together at the ball! haha So cute, I'm so excited! He is probably going to be a really good mid-fielder or striker because he has got some major kicks going on! So basically these cute kids below are what I love to see, all gathered around the ball. haha So cute!
The night before the ultrasound, we were over at my parent's house watching American Idol. (5-16-12) I was feeling the baby move a lot so I put Todd's hand on my belly and nothing happened at first but then there were three HUGE kicks that could not be mistaken for anything but baby kicks. It was so awesome. Todd was saying "I felt it! I felt it! I felt it!!" Progressively getting louder. haha It was SO cute. Then after a minute or two he put his hand on my belly again and the baby kicked hard some more! That time I snagged my mom and she got to feel too. Such a special time! I swear the baby was trying to say "I'm here, Daddy! I'm here! I love you!" :) This baby boy loves his Daddy already! Todd still talks to my belly and rubs it, he has actually been really helpful this whole pregnancy and has made me and the baby feel so loved. I don't think this baby could come into a world to parents who loved it anymore than we do. I can't even begin to describe the awesome love I already have for this peanut!

8 comments:

  1. Soo cute! Love the idea of you and Todd co-coaching a little soccer team!! Congrats again Katie! You really are going to be the best mom ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, you too! haha Your belly is so cute.

      Delete
  2. you are the cutest preggo lady ands you're going to be the cutest mom! i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! Your a pretty cute mommy yourself. Matix is seriously the cutest thing ever. I wanted to steal him from Brett's wedding. haha

      Delete
  3. How cute you're having a boy & Christy is having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It worked out perfectly. She really needed a girl next. haha I didn't care so I was just so happy to finally be able to call the baby a "he" instead of an "it". :)

      Delete
  4. Yay! You started blogging! How fun! Thanks for the nice things you said about me, your so tender! Love you Sissy! I'm so excited you are having a boy, I seriously LOVE having my two little boys. They are so silly and fun and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya I'm really hoping my boy will be as cute as Eth and Nate. Love you too. So glad I have such a good sister to look up to. :)

    ReplyDelete