Friday, May 18, 2012

My first Mothers Day!

This year is going to be filled with a lot of firsts and Mothers Day was one I have looked forward to for many years. I always loved going to church on mothers day and seeing all the beautiful women being honored for their hard work being mom's and couldn't wait for my turn! So this year, I was really looking forward to being able to celebrate the day with my little baby in my belly. Todd was super sweet and bought be a lovely bouquet of flowers and a little tub of this "Tummy honey butter". It is for preventing stretch marks and I looooove it.
I really don't want my body to go down the toilet from having kids, I try to stay physically active, eat healthy and nutriciously for little baby but also for myself. I want to always feel good and part of feeling good is looking good, at least for me it is. You may say that is vain but I like to take care of the body God gave me and I want to look sexy for my husband. haha Todd and I are definitely both on the same page when it comes to keeping our bodies healthy and fit so he supports me and I support him! It's a win-win all around. I also know that because I try to eat more nutricious foods that the baby will be healthy and strong when he comes into the world. I want him to have the best start to his life that he possibly can. Now this doesn't mean that I don't occasionally cave to my cravings or eat an oreo every now and then. haha I'm not perfect and I don't want to seem like I am trying to sound perfect either, that could get old reeeeally fast.
These lovely hydrangeas were my mothers day gift from my very own mom. She is so sweet and always thinking of other people before herself. It's kind of funny because we always tell my mom she is a distracted person but it's only because she really is thinking of how to help everyone around her and how to make everyone else happy. She is a sweetheart and has made life so much fun for Todd and I. She is also a really good example for me when it comes to staying active all throughout life. She is a kick butt tennis player, seriously. She is good. haha And she is also probably one of my best friends. I love to hang out with her and just talk about life and what is going on in each of our lives. She is fun to shop with because she has really good taste. haha She is a great mom and has always been there for me throughout my entire life. When Todd and I were driving home tonight, there was a song on the radio that I have always related to a love song for a man and a woman but when I listened to the lyrics I realized that it was also a love song for a mother and her baby. It's Shania Twain "Forever and Always"
'Cause I'm keeping you forever and for always We will be together all of our days Wanna wake up every morning to your sweet face--always
Seriously?! How cute it that song? It made me cry right away. I want to wake up every morning to my sweet baby boy's face. I want to hold him and love him and spend all of my days with him! And my Toddy bear of course. :) I was just feeling the motherly love and couldn't wait to have my baby here with me.
This is the lovely masterpiece that I created with my mommy's help for Mothers Day. It's gone now. haha Every bite was eaten. I thought it was too rich because I used bittersweet chocolate and I am just a milk chocolate girl but everyone else looooved it so I am happy for them. :) And Anyway, my first mothers day was fantastic. I'm thankful for the oppourtunity I have to be a mama. I'm also thankful for all the awesome women I have in my life as examples, especially my sisters (in-law and not) and my mother-in law. I got the best in-laws in the world. I will probably brag about that fact in a lot of my blog posts so if you become a regular reader, be prepared for that. haha I'm going to try to keep blogging basically from now on. I want to remember these years of my life, Todd and I raising our kids and all the fun things we have in store. :)

3 comments:

  1. aww those hydrangeas are beautiful! I love hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Mom told me they would wilt and then water them and they would come back to life and they totally did. They are magic flowers! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I am excited to visit you for many reasons but one of them is so you can teach me how to blog and make my blog cuter and more functional. haha

    ReplyDelete