Monday, May 28, 2012
Garage sales, ultrasound and school.
This past weekend, Todd and I went "garage sale-ing". It was reeeeeally fun and we got some seriously good deals on baby stuff. One of the first houses we went to had the exact high chair I wanted sitting out, ready for someone to buy. I was smart though, I walked right past it. :) By the time we were ready to negotiate a price with the lady we got it down to 25 bucks! I was so happy I thought I might fly. haha I also got a boppy, some baby clothes, socks, mitties and a dishwasher basket for the bottle nipples and binkies. So not only did we get spanking good deals on everything, it was all in great condition and if we keep it that way, we could re-sell it someday too! It was so fun to be able to finally buy for my baby boy. I'm so happy that I can finally call my baby a "he" instead of an "it" haha I love looking at the clothes we have for him and daydreaming about his cute giggle and smile. I am so sappy in love with him already. :) He kicks every day almost all day long. Especially when I lay down or when I eat. I can always feel him, no matter what I am doing. Sometimes I am driving, swimming laps, folding laundry, grocery shopping-It's always going on! He is crazy active! I love it! He's going to keep me busy but I just smile whenever I think about it. So these are the things we got at our garage sale...
This is an Eddie Bauer high chair that I love. My good friend Rachel has one as well and I love the look of it. Todd and I are already talking about either painting or staining the wood and making a new washable seat cover, one with more padding. :)
Here is my Boppy! It is seriously in perfect condition with the packaging and everything. I love that we got this for $10. Such a good deal!
Here are some of the many clothes we bought. I think the clothes all totaled about $5. haha So crazy, I love it.
So another thing that I wanted to put on my blog were the pictures from our ultrasound for the babies gender at 19 weeks. It was such an incredible time for me, and Todd of course, but it was an especially monumental moment in my life. I know I have said this more than once already but I have been looking forward to being a mommy for my entire life. Seriously, for as far back as I can rememeber, I have wanted to be a mom. I feel really blessed that now is that time! I am also very blessed to have a wonderful, amazing and supportive husband who loves this baby as much as I do! He is so sweet. I love my Toddy. So here is a picture of all the ultrasound pictures we took home with us. There's a couple of face shots, a hand, an arm, a leg & foot, and of course the gender. :) Little boy Manning. Hopefully we will be solid on a name here soon. I have one that I like to call him now but I'm not totally set on it yet. Probably because Todd hasn't confirmed that it is his favorite. haha I was just telling Todd yesterday at the beach how indecisive I can be and how much I rely on his opinion. Here are the pics!
Todd also got a good shot of me crying while baby boy is waving to us.
It was such a great experience to watch my baby moving around on the little screen. I am really thinking about going to one of these little 4D ultrasound places to watch him some more. They give you a DVD of the baby moving with music on it and some pictures to take home. I didn't want the ultrasound to end so I was a little sad when she wiped the goop off my belly and turned the lights on. :( But I did get to feel baby boy moving around a lot for the next 15-20 minutes, probably trying to find his comfy spot again.
I'm not a morning person...haha I got the first appointment of the day because I knew it would be the longest day of my life if I didn't, and even though it's not my best picture, I still love it. It's a big moment for Todd and I! We just found out that we are going to be parents to a little baby boooooy!!! I'm so excited for him to come! One last thing I wanted to blog about is my school this semester. I have really enjoyed my Philosophy class, my teacher was awesome and I loved learning about all the different types of arguments about life, God and humanity. It was really interesting. I honestly took this class to replace the first one I took. I blamed the teacher for my bad grade, and to be honest, I still do. She was terrible and I should've withdrawn from her class after the first day. She was a quack. Anyway, I replaced the bad grade with a shining new A. :) That'll look a lot nicer on my transcript. I also took a math class, Algebra to be exact. For those of you who really know me, you know that I am not good at math, never have been. It takes me a lot longer to grasp something then it does for say, Todd. haha He gets it the first time and remembers it forever. I worked hard though and studied a lot and got an A! Thank you very much! I cried a little bit when I saw that grade. It was really hard for me and I was pretty nervous about it but it feels so good to know I was rewarded for my stress. haha Todd and Khan academy were big helps with the harder math. I owe it all to them! :) Anyway, I just wanted to rememeber that I actually got an A in math and that it was a very happy day for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad that you and Todd found each other! You will be the cutest parents! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThanks Deb. I feel lucky to have married him and have received such awesome in-laws to boot! We are so excited for this baby!
Deletelove that you are blogging again! so excited for you guys and congrats on the good grades!
ReplyDeleteThanks Taylor! I actually like blogging now that I have something I want to talk about! haha I hope you are enjoying being out of school, I certainly am. It'll start back up soon but at least I get a small break.
DeleteGarage sale finds are the best!
ReplyDeleteRight?! I am addicted to it now! We are probably going again on Saturday! haha
Delete